Home Buyer Info
So you’ve decided that you want to buy a home. Well that’s very good news. But like a great many people, you may not know where start and that is why I am so glad that you’ve found you way here. Buying a home goes far beyond just looking at houses and then deciding on the one that you want. Oh how I wish it were that simple. Don’t let me scare you, it doesn’t have to be a daunting and overwhelming process especially if you let your agent systematically guide you through the process. Now that you’ve found me, where do we go from here.
- Let’s talk about how you came to the conclusion that you want to be a homeowner. Oh I’m not questioning your reasoning, but every little bit that I know about you and your homebuying decision, will help me to work in a way that best serves your needs.
- Next we’ll talk about whether or not we have the financial means to make this dream come true. First we’ll talk about your financial readiness according to you. In other words, “in your opinion, do you think you have the financial means to make the home purchase?
- Once we’ve gotten that out of the way, we’ll have to get ONE opinion that really counts and that’s the opinion of a mortgage company or broker. While you may sincerely believe that you are on a solid financial homebuying footing, we need to make certain before the search for a home begins
- The loan officer will want to take an application on you to determine your credit worthiness and thus make a decision as to whether they can pre-approve you or not. In some cases, this process could take a couple to three days.
- While we’re waiting, you and I will be coming up with a homebuying game plan. We’ll start by discussing how we can best work together. Real estate law requires that we make certain disclosures to consumers that we work with, so we’ll want to go other that in order to make sure that you under our role as your real estate agent and how we work with buyers and sellers.
- We’ll discuss expectations of each other. Our relationship will work best when we know we expect of each other and how each of us will participate in the process.
- Once we have that all square away, we’ll talk about the search for your new home and approaches that we’ll take to finding it. But any success search must begin with a clear idea of what the buyer wants in a home.